Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 6th, 2010:

Matthew weighed 3 lbs 6.7 oz
He was busy getting dinner so I didn't get to hold him. They were afraid that he would spit up. He was wearing a cute little monkey outfit from our neighbors. I didn't bring the camera but the nurses were nice enough to get their camera and even print out a picture to take home.

He is still getting a little bit of room air through a nasal cannula to help him 'remember' to breathe. He is still on a feeding tube and probably will be for a while. Normally babies are fed over 30 minutes, but Matthew has a bad case of reflux so his feedings are done over two hours. They are going to try to get him down to and hour and a half and see how he does. This means it will probably take a little longer for him to get off of the feeding tube.

He smiles a lot. He is doing well gaining weight too.

We will keep letting you know how he is doing and we will let you know when he starts reaching his goals to be able to come home!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Karen, first of all- I am so glad that you made this!! Exciting! This will be a great spot for family to come to to get updated.

    Quinn had reflux too. I honestly don't remember how long it took for her feedings but I do know that we couldn't hold her or anything during. We did get to hold the feeding tube on occasion and that was fun I guess. :)
    Also, I remember that it was "on the 3's" (3am, 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm, etc)
    Anyway, I am super excited for this and am looking forward to watching Matthew's progress.

    Oh and we would love any pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The irony of 3 week-old Matthew Thomas forcing me to learn how to Blog . . .

    Thanks so much for setting this site up, you guys! Glad you'll be getting some helpful hints from those in the know--

    Kisses all around!

    ReplyDelete